Finishing Strong is a Christian support group for men who have been affected by destructive sexual behavior and that behavior has become an obstacle to finishing the Christian life strong. Finishing Strong is not a traditional Bible study. Biblical principles and the Word of God are used at the meetings since they are foundational to any deep, viable, and long term change happening in a man’s life. Finishing Strong is not a traditional 12 step group, although the 12 step principles are discussed.
Finishing Strong’s core beliefs are:
- We believe that as we look to a loving God for help and put into practice those principles for living which he has given us in the Bible, we shall find freedom from sin and strength to finish strong.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the resurrected and living Son of God and is both Savior and Lord of our lives.
- We hold no corporate opinions concerning politics, economics, race, philosophies, science, or any other matters not bearing on our recovery.
- We hold no corporate view concerning denominational preference.
- We are dedicated to the principles of confidentiality, anonymity, and honesty.
- We seek to provide an atmosphere of unconditional acceptance, safety, and grace.
- We understand that our common welfare must come first.
- We believe we must never judge or criticize a person or what they share at a meeting.
- We believe our leaders are chosen not to govern but to serve.
- We welcome any man who has the desire to stay straight, clean, and sober from destructive sexual behavior except those men with current legal issues-being investigated or charged with a crime.
- We meet together to share our experience, strength, and hope.
- We believe that the loving support and genuine care of fellow members along with daily prayer and meditation will prepare us to live each day one day at a time in the greater context of Finishing Strong so we may hear God’s words, “Well done good and faithful servant.”
Statements of Purpose
Our five-fold purpose based on the Word of God is:
- To provide a safe, grace based fellowship of recovery where men can experience healing so they can Finish Strong.
- To be and to live reconciled to God and others.
- To gain a better understanding of sexual temptations that are cunning, baffling, and powerful.
- To be built up and strengthened in our Christian faith.
- To spread the message of life and hope to those who are suffering.